Statutory Instruments General Placenames
Most of the Placenames Orders relate to individual counties but there are also Orders confirming the official names of provinces, counties, centres of population, districts and Gaeltacht areas.
It should be noted that Section 48 of the Environment (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act , 2100 amends a provision of Statutory Instrument 872 of 2004 - The Placenames (Ceantair Ghaeltachta) Order 2004 – in relation to the placename An Daingean.
This amendment confirms that Daingean Uí Chúis in Irish and Dingle in English are now the official placenames of An Daingean, as it was heretofore.
The general Orders can be downloaded here.
- The Placenames (Ceantair Ghaeltachta) Order 2004. SI 872 of 2004
- Placenames Order (Ceantair Ghaeltachta) SI 599 of 2011
- Placenames Order (Centres of population and districts) SI 59 of 2005
- Official Languages Act 2003 (Prescribed Maps) Regulations 2004 - Statutory Instrument No. 212 of 2004
- Placenames Order (Provinces and Counties) SI 519 of 2003